Trout Tracker Guide Service :: View topic - The beat goes on - Baffin Bay Fishing Reports
Trout Tracker Guide Service

Capt. Kev Cochran - Fishing Reports

The beat goes on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Kev

PostPosted: Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: The beat goes on Reply with quote

Water clarity is superb over most of the Upper Laguna/Baffin system right now and the big trout are biting regularly. Since some of them are shallow, sight casting opportunities exist in the crystal clear water on sunny days, as long as the breeze is blowing. I'm still averaging right at one 7 pound trout per day of effort for the entire year, and expect May and June to produce some more whoppers. Continued passage of weak fronts makes for calmer winds than we have in warmer springs, so there are excellent windows of opportunity for catching. Floating Corkys and conventional topwaters have taken over from sinking Corkys for me. I look for that trend to continue in May and June, two of my favorite months in which to throw floating plugs. Still have dates available around the strong moons and need a little more footage for my new DVD, due out this summer!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: