Trout Tracker Guide Service :: View topic - Red Tide is not an issue - Baffin Bay Fishing Reports
Trout Tracker Guide Service

Capt. Kev Cochran - Fishing Reports

Red Tide is not an issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Kev

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:00 pm    Post subject: Red Tide is not an issue Reply with quote

I've heard a few comments lately which suggest that some people out there in the general fishing community think that the red tide outbreak we had here last month was worse than it actually was. The algae stayed mostly along the beachfront, where it did kill quite a few fish, mostly rough fish, though a few trout, reds and even snook were found dead. I saw little evidence of the bloom inshore, though I have reliable reports that it did wash into the Lagoon and stay for a short time. I saw no dead fish in the Lagoon, other than a few mullet in the canals in my subdivision and am not aware of any evidence of a significant fish kill inshore. As of now, the red tide is not around. Seems to have blown down the beach with the wind and currents. I do not believe this event had any measurable impact on the future of the fishing here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: