Trout Tracker Guide Service :: View topic - Improvement in water clarity - Baffin Bay Fishing Reports
Trout Tracker Guide Service

Capt. Kev Cochran - Fishing Reports

Improvement in water clarity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Kev

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 9:58 am    Post subject: Improvement in water clarity Reply with quote

Yesterday, while running back to the boat ramp from the west end of Baffin, I noticed a substantial improvement in the water clarity in the front of Baffin and in the Laguna just north of there. For a couple of months, the water in that area has been the worst brown tide around. But yesterday, the visibility was up to several feet; I could see rocks and grassbeds all over the Badlands and Cathead areas. Fishing in those areas is usually good in late-spring and early summer if the water is in good shape. Could be time for some big trout on topwaters over deep rocks! Fishing in the back of Baffin remains good when winds are relatively light. I've had a run back there of seven or eight trips in a row on which we've caught trout at least five pounds, usually six pounds or more, with several over 28 inches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: