Trout Tracker Guide Service :: View topic - What a week! - Baffin Bay Fishing Reports
Trout Tracker Guide Service

Capt. Kev Cochran - Fishing Reports

What a week!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Kev

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: What a week! Reply with quote

This February has not been as good as some in the past. But this week was one to remember. On Monday, despite a howling north wind, Al Garcia caught a 7 pounder. On Tuesday, I had a 9 1/2, 8 1/2 and a 7 1/2, 2 of which were 30 inches. Joe Devine also had a 7 that day. Wednesday was weird, in that I and Adrian Valdez caught only reds, though Ken Marshall, fishing within earshot, caught a 30 1/2 incher. Adrian then caught a 30 on Thursday, at the end of a tough but productive wade. Today, I had a 29 and 28, though the bite was cut short by a stronger than expected front. All told, for the week, we've had 11 over 27 and 9 over 7 pounds. Those were the trout. I know not how many monster "channel bass" we culled through to get 'em. It's not easy fishing. The fish have been in shallow water (knee deep) over soft mud. Floating Corkies have caught almost all the big trout. Kudos to those fishing with me for working so hard at it so I could get some great pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: