Trout Tracker Guide Service :: View topic - Good summer fishing - Baffin Bay Fishing Reports
Trout Tracker Guide Service

Capt. Kev Cochran - Fishing Reports

Good summer fishing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Kev

PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Good summer fishing Reply with quote

Predictably, the clear water has led to some good summer catching. We've been experiencing a steady topwater bite for a couple of months now, catching a good combination of size and numbers on most trips. When the winds do their typical summer thing, and are light for three or four hours in the morning, the topwater bite lasts all day and the number of caught fish is highest. Best lure has been a Spook Jr.. I throw ones with a white belly mostly, but color doesn't seem to matter as much as presentation and the choice of a small topwater. Sinking Corkys also work well, especially if the floating grass makes the topwater a hassle, also when it's dead calm. The worms will work too, especially under corks when the grass is at its worst. We've had four trout over 28 this month, and had good numbers of 23 to 28 inchers last month too. The reds are also liking the little topwaters. We're catching at least a couple on most trips; we have had as many as a dozen. The quality on those is good too, with some reaching over 30 inches. I will begin booking '10 on Sept. 1. Did lose my customer email address book, so if you know you were in it and would like to make sure and receive emails in the future, shoot me an email so I can readd you. Also, don't forget about December. In this past "trophy season", December was the best month of all; we averaged right at one seven pound plus trout per trip for the whole month. Biggest was 30 inches and nine pounds. Crowds are light in December and the fish are biting and big.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: