Trout Tracker Guide Service :: View topic - Topwater bite might indicate a change for the better - Baffin Bay Fishing Reports
Trout Tracker Guide Service

Capt. Kev Cochran - Fishing Reports

Topwater bite might indicate a change for the better

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Capt. Kev

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Topwater bite might indicate a change for the better Reply with quote

It's been a while since I had a really good topwater bite. Until yesterday, that is. Found a nice school of mixed trout and reds on a mud/grass transition. They were liking my bone Super Spook, flying out of the water and doing flips in some cases. It was refreshing! Caught 15 trout, most solid keepers, with three at 23 inches. And 7 reds to 30 inches. Seems like this type of bite might signal the beginning of a turn to better fishing, which usually cranks up in earnest around Thanksgiving around here. I still have some days in December, more in January and a few in February too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Trout Tracker Guide Service Forum Index -> Fishing Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: